In June 2009, Jim joined the Employer Relations team within Career and Professional Development after 17 years working with the Capital Group/American Funds. His previous experience includes various leadership roles within Operations, Customer Service, and Human Resources departments. His primary role in HR was as a corporate recruiter specializing in college recruiting.
Employers, please contact Jim to discuss how your company can better position itself as an employer of choice to the Virginia Tech community. There are many branding opportunities available and a clear recruiting strategy is vital in today’s environment. See employer services for more information.
In progress: M.A. Education and Human Resource Development
George Washington University
M.S. Business Administration
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Certified Diversity Recruiter (CDR)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Roanoke Valley Chapter (RVSHRM)
- New River Valley Chapter (NRV SHRM)
- Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers (VACE)
- Eastern Association of Colleges and Employers (EACE)
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)