Office hours & closed dates
Open days and hours | Closed dates:
- Normal business days and hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We are closed when the university is closed.
- We have occasional additional closings of our office listed below.
University & CPD closings: Academic year 2019-2020
Some university closings are noted on Virginia Tech academic calendars.
VT holidays & closing schedule on Human Resources website
Virginia Tech guidelines on holidays
- Monday, September 2, 2019: university closed, Labor Day
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019: university closes at noon, Thanksgiving
- Thursday and Friday, November 28-29, 2019: university closed, Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 13, 2019: CPD office closed noon-2:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 24, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020: university winter closing
- Monday, January 17, 2020: university closed, Martin Luther King holiday
- Monday, May 25, 2020: university closed, Memorial Day
- Friday, July 3, 2020: university closed, observance of July 4, Independence Day
- Additional university and CPD closings TBA
If the university closes for all or any portion of a day [for weather or any other reason], Career and Professional Development must also close at the same times. Any events and services sponsored by our office that were scheduled to occur when the university closes are also cancelled.
If university is closed: While our staff would very much like to accommodate On-Campus Interviewing employers who have already traveled to Blacksburg prior to an emergency or weather-related closing, for safety reasons for students, for our staff, and for our guests, we are not able to be open during any type of university closing.
If university has late opening: On-Campus Interviewing will open when the university opens.
Employers or students with scheduled interviews: contact employer relations staff in advance if you have questions or anticipate travel problems due to weather.
Many fairs held at Virginia Tech are not sponsored by Career and Professional Development, and we have no control over those fairs. For possible cancellations or rescheduling, consult the event website, the sponsoring organization, and the contact person for the specific event. The career fairs list has links to each event website where the sponsor should provide contact information.