What we do for you:
- Health Professions Advising [HPA] at Virginia Tech assists students and alumni pursuing a health care career in medicine, dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, chiropractic, occupational therapy, nursing, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, or other graduate health professions.
- Any Virginia Tech student, alumna, or alumnus, in any major, can use our services. Although the majority of health professions students major in a science field, it is not required.
How to get involved with HPA:
- Join the HPA Hub [Canvas; opens in new tab]. This will take three to four minutes to complete, and then we will advise you on how you can interact with HPA.
- Come to HPA 101 and/or HPA 202, offered frequently throughout fall and spring semesters.
- Please follow us on the HPA Blog and Twitter, and like us on Facebook, so you'll see important announcements.
- Speak with an advisor (next item).
- Drop-in hours: Tuesdays 11am-2pm, and Wednesdays 1-3:30pm, during fall and spring semesters.
- For an appointment, call 540-231-7287 during business hours.
How to contact our office:
- For questions or administrative assistance: email HPA@vt.edu or call (540) 231-7287.
Where to find us:
- Health Professions Advising is located within Career and Professional Development in the Smith Career Center.
Who we are:
- Ms. Carol Robinson | Director of Health Professions Advising
- Dr. Jay Kyle | Assistant Director of Health Professions Advising
- Ms. Melissa Obenhaus | Health Professions Advising Program Coordinator