Resources for preparation for students who plan to apply for admission to health professional graduate and professional programs.
Although the majority of health professions students major in a science field, it is not required.
- See health professions undergraduate preparation, which includes undergraduate coursework requirements for each medical/health profession.
- Coursework for majors: see your academic department.
- Undecided / major-undeclared students receive academic advising through University Studies.
Academic assistance at Virginia Tech:
- Academic study skills assistance through the Cook Counseling Center.
- Tutoring through the Student Success Center.
- Math tutoring through the Department of Mathematics private tutoring and tutoring lab.
- Writing guidance through the Writing Center.
Preparing to be competitive:
- How to be successful in preparing for professional school (docx).
- Undergraduate timeline.
- Professionalism: HPA expects advisees and applicants to exhibit professional conduct and behavior.
- Admission exams: preparation and more information.
Undergraduate and summer research & study opportunities:
These kinds of opportunities are strongly encouraged both to give you exposure to topics of interest and to strengthen your application.