Career Planning Guide
- Published annually by Career and Professional Development.
- Explains resume preparation, cover letters, other job search correspondence, interview prep, planning for graduate or professional school and much more. Includes sample resumes, letters, and reference list.
- Provided FREE to our Virginia Tech students.
To obtain the HARD COPY version:
- Students: visit Smith Career Center during office hours.
- Faculty and staff: request copies for your students, offices, classes, etc., by calling 540-231-6241 to arrange pick-up or delivery by campus mail.
- 2018-2019 Career Planning Guide. [pdf]
[The flip book edition will no longer be available in early 2019, so has been replaced by a PDF version.]
First Destination post-undergraduate degree
- How: Self-reported by grads.
- Who: Virginia Tech grads completing bachelor's and associate's degrees.
- When: Through six months after commencement.
- Sample of what's in the report:
- View data by university, by college, and by major.
- For employed grads: salary medians, and list of job titles, employers, and locations.
- For grads who are continuing education: list of degrees, programs, and institutions.
- For all graduates: career-related experience during college, and regrets about career planning.
- More about it. | View First Destination Report.