Career Planning Guide
- Published annually by Career and Professional Development.
- Explains resume preparation, cover letters, other job search correspondence, interview prep, planning for graduate or professional school and much more. Includes sample resumes, letters, and reference list.
- Provided FREE to our Virginia Tech students.
To obtain the HARD COPY version:
- Students: visit Smith Career Center during office hours.
- Faculty and staff: request copies for your students, offices, classes, etc., by calling 540-231-6241 to arrange pick-up or delivery by campus mail.
- 2018-2019 Career Planning Guide.
[Flip book edition, includes link in lower right of browser window to download PDF version.]
First Destination post-undergraduate degree
Based on self-report by Virginia Tech graduates through six months after commencement.
Data collected on graduates completing bachelor's and associate's degrees.
View informaton by university, by college, and by major.
For employed graduates, see salary medians, and list of job titles, employers, and locations.
For graduates who are continuing education, see list of degrees, programs, and institutions.
For all graduates, see career-related experience during college.
View First Destination Report.