First Destination After Graduation
Where VT Grads Go
First destination after the undergraduate degree grads surveyed from pre-commencement to six months out.
Our RESULTS / REPORT is compiled after close of self-reporting by Virginia Tech graduates who complete bachelor's and associate's degrees. Graduates have seven months to self-report (and update responses), starting the month prior to, through six months after, commencement.
See self-report timeline.
Methodology explains the what, why, who, when, how, and confidentiality.
The report answers these questions and more:
- Who are graduates' employers?
- How did graduates find their jobs?
- Where are grads continuing education? What programs, degrees, institutions?
- What experience — internships (paid, unpaid), volunteering, field study, etc. — did they have during college?
- What do grads wish they'd done differently related to career planning?
The data collection has Virginia Tech Institutional Review Board approval: IRB number 14-586.
Only for new graduates.
Only for those completing undergraduate degrees:
Completion and self-reporting open:
- Dec 2018 grads: Mon. Nov. 19, 2018, through Tues. June 18, 2019, 11am.
- May, Summer I and II, 2019 grads: Mon. Apr. 22, 2019, 11am, through Fr. Nov. 15, 2019, 11am.
For questions about the First Destination Report, please contact:
Catherine Copeland, 540-231-6241