Advising for students by Career & Professional Development
Offered fall, spring, and summer. Typically 30 minutes, for a full array of career-related topics.
Offered fall and spring. 15-minute mini-appointments for resume reviews, class assignments, quick questions.
Advising is for:
Career & Professional Development (CPD) provides career-related advising to Virginia Tech undergraduate and graduate students whose academic programs are based in Blacksburg or Roanoke.
Easy and safe access
In accordance with Virginia Tech's plan for fall semester, and for everyone's health and safety, all advising will continue to be by phone or Zoom (or other video means).
Not sure if you need advising?
If you have a brief question and are not sure if you need advising, call or email us and we'll guide you.
Career Q&A Today are quick videos by our CPD advisors that might answer a question you have.
Advising by majors & colleges
- In colleges and majors: Career & internship advisors who work in and for colleges and majors
- In CPD: When you schedule an advising appointment with CPD, you usually speak with an advisor who works with students in your college.
- Considering graduate and professional school
- Health Professions Advising (HPA) (pre-medical, pre-dental, & other health professions)
- Pre-Law Advising
- Pre-Education Advising (PEAP), School of Education (teaching and school counseling)
- Pre-veterinary advising at Virginia Tech available through:
Health Professions Advising (HPA) in CPD, and
Virginia-Maryland Coll. of Veterinary Medicine
What CPD can't do
CPD is not authorized to advise on academic course requirements. Please take advantage of these university resources provided for your academic advising needs: