Advising for students by Career & Professional Development
Who we advise
Career & Professional Development (CPD) provides career-related advising to Virginia Tech undergraduate and graduate students whose academic programs are based in Blacksburg or Roanoke.
Advising appointments continue
Advising appointments are now held by phone or Zoom, and are still scheduled in advance.
- In accordance with the Virginia Tech COVID-19 information for the university community, advising is by phone or zoom until further notice. We have not stopped advising!
- If you have a brief question and are not sure if you need an advising appointment, please call our office and we will assist you.
- Career Q&A Today are quick videos by our CPD advisors that might answer your question.
Advising by majors & colleges
- In colleges and majors: Career & internship advisors who work in and for colleges and majors
- In CPD: When you schedule an advising appointment in CPD, you usually speak with an advisor who works with students in your college.
Pre-professional advising at Virginia Tech
- Considering graduate and professional school
- Health Professions Advising (HPA) (pre-medical, pre-dental, & other health professions)
- Pre-Law Advising
- Pre-Education Advising (PEAP), School of Education (teaching and school counseling)
- Pre-veterinary advising at Virginia Tech available through:
Health Professions Advising (HPA) in CPD, and
Virginia-Maryland Coll. of Veterinary Medicine
What CPD can't do
CPD is not authorized to advise on academic course requirements. Please take advantage of these university resources provided for your academic advising needs: