For students considering and planning to apply to professional school.
Career and Professional Development advising and resources
We encourage you to seek our advising if you are considering graduate or professional school as part of your career planning process, including:
- Decision-making on whether grad/prof school is the path to your career goal.
- How to research schools and programs.
- Reviews of resumes and personal statements.
If you are applying for admission, take advantage of our practice interview resources.
University PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISING PROGRAMS.
First-year is not too early to use these resources and services!
- Pre-Law Advising at Virginia Tech
Considering and learning about law as a career, preparing for law school, applying, student law societies, events.
- Health Professions Advising at Virginia Tech
Considering, learning about, and undergraduate prep for admission to graduate and professional school for health professional careers, including: medicine (allopathic and osteopathic), dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, chiropractic, occupational therapy, nursing, physician assistant, and more.
- Pre-Education Advising Program [PEAP] at Virginia Tech in the School of Education
Advising for undergraduates considering teaching and school counseling careers which require graduate degrees. Guidance on selecting your undergraduate major based on your teaching or school counseling interests.
- Pre-Veterinary advising at Virginia Tech in the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
Advice on deciding on the profession, how to prepare, workshops for applicants, and more.