Career and Internship Advisors in Colleges
In addition to advisors in Career and Professional Development, you have career and internship advisors in your major and/or college:
- Within each academic department and college are advisors — faculty and staff — who assist students related to career planning, internships, field study, and co-ops. Each academic department and each college determines how it handles advising, so you might have multiple advisors. You might have advisors in both your college and your major department. Your career advisor might be the same as your academic advisor, or there might be different advisors helping you with those topics.
- If you are deciding on majors, the career advisors for your majors of interest are must-see individuals for your decision-making process. Advisors are there to help you be successful!
- If your major department offers or requires a field study, there will be an advisor to consult for field study. Your major department might have a specific internship advisor. If students in your major co-op, there will be an advisor in your department to consult for your co-op plan.
- It's essential to explore the websites of the departments that offer majors that interest you. You'll find important information, including how to contact advisors, whom to contact for what, and career information provided by your college and major.
Advisor listings by college:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: Advising contacts for each department / major.
- College of Architecture and Urban Studies: Advising directory for undergraduates.
- Pamplin College of Business: Undergraduate career advising. [if link does not work, copy and paste: http://www.pamplin.vt.edu/undergraduate-programs/career-services/]
- College of Engineering: Explore engineering majors. | Career advisors by major.
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences: Career advisors in the college and by major .
- College of Natural Resources and Environment: Advising center.
- College of Science: Undergraduate student advising by majors.
You may also find information about advising for majors on websites of academic departments that offer majors.
[Graduate students: consult your academic department for graduate student advising.]