Several advisors in Career and Professional Development are Safe Zone certified. If you wish to speak with one of these advisors, ask when you call to make your appointment.
Books in our Career Resource Center
- Includes topics on LGBTQ issues in the job search and workplace.
- You may search books by keyword, title or category (tag).
- Human Rights Campaign [HRC.org]
Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights. In "Resources" you can find the Corporate Equality Index [CEI]: in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees.
Connecting diverse professionals to diverse careers.
Job postings in a variety of categories.
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals [NOGLSTP]
Non-profit organization that educates and advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students and professionals in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- oSTEM + Out in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Hosts, with NOGLSTP, an annual conference. National society dedicated to educating and fostering leadership for LGBTQA communities in the STEM fields. Began as a single chapter in 2005. The national society has been built by students, for students.
VT chapter of oSTEM established fall 2012.
- OutForUndergraduate.org [O4U]g
Hosts conferences and other events for undergraduate LGBT students.
Comprehensive resources for LGBTQA students, including:
H.O.T. List: Hiring Out Talent; features LGBTQ-friendly employing organizations.
Internship and job board dedicated to LGBTQA college students.
Annual National LBGTQA College Student Career Conference.
- The Pipeline Project