All advisors in Career and Professional Development have participated in diversity-related training, and many are Safe Zone certified. Any of our advisors would be happy to work with you as you navigate your LGBTQ+ identity in your job and internship search. We encourage you to make an appointment to meet with one of our career advisors.
- Includes topics on LGBTQ issues in the job search and workplace.
- You may search books by keyword, title or category (tag).
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC.org)
Working for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equal rights. In "Resources" you can find the Corporate Equality Index (CEI): in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees.
Connecting diverse professionals to diverse careers.
Job postings in a variety of categories.
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
Non-profit organization that educates and advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students and professionals in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- oSTEM + Out in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Hosts, with NOGLSTP, an annual conference. National society dedicated to educating and fostering leadership for LGBTQA communities in the STEM fields. Began as a single chapter in 2005. The national society has been built by students, for students.
VT chapter of oSTEM established fall 2012.
- OutForUndergraduate.org (O4U)g
Hosts conferences and other events for undergraduate LGBT students.
Comprehensive resources for LGBTQA students, including:
H.O.T. List: Hiring Out Talent; features LGBTQ-friendly employing organizations.
Internship and job board dedicated to LGBTQA college students.
Annual National LBGTQA College Student Career Conference.
- The Pipeline Project