- We look forward to meeting you and assisting you!
- 10-minute limit.
- Is for questions with quick answers; brief reviews of resumes, cover letters.
- See before resume, cover letter reviews.
- Not for career exploration and other topics that take more time: for those, please schedule an advising appointment.
- At drop-in, you'll meet with an on-call Peer Career Advisor or professional staff member. To see a specific advisor, you may schedule an appointment.
Graduate Life Center [GLC].
For graduate students.
Thursdays only | 3-5pm
Spr: 2/7/19 - 5/2/19
[not held spring break]
Torgersen 1st floor atrium.
For engineering students.
Wednesdays only | 1-3:30pm
Fall: 9/19/18 - 11/14/18
Spr: dates TBA
- If drop-in hours do not work with your schedule...
- If you prefer a scheduled time...
- If you want more than 10 minutes with an advisor...
... You are welcome to schedule an advising appointment.
- Before a resume review, use our Career Planning Guide and/or resume guide and reference list instructions.
- Before a cover letter review, use our Career Planning Guide and/or cover letter guidelines
- If you need an overview on resume basics, use our resume guide or the Career Planning Guide first.
- Drop-in is to help you fine-tune and individualize your resume so you can make revisions to best serve your purposes.
- Bring a hard copy; if you don't have access to a printer, just ask at the reception desk when you check in about how to print at Smith Career Center.
- Drop-in is first-come, first-served; not an appointment.
- Many students seek drop-in before career fairs. There is no guarantee we can talk with every student if traffic exceeds our capacity, so plan ahead by a week or two!
- Do the preparation explained in "before resume reviews...."
- If you have a class (or other) assignment to use drop-in advising, don't wait until your deadline. If too many students are waiting ahead of you, you take the risk that you might not receive advising on that day.
FALL 2018, 1st 4 weeks:
- Mon-Th Aug 20-23: 10am-4pm.
- Fr Aug 24: NO drop-in advising.
[Open house tailgate 10am-3pm]
- Mon Aug 27: NO drop-in advising.
[Career Outfitters 10am-4pm]
- Tues Aug 28: Drop-in 1-4pm.
[Career Outfitters 9am-noon]
- Wed-Fr Aug. 29-31: 10am-4pm.
- Mon Sep 3: University closed.
- Tues-Fr Sep 4-7: 10am-4pm.
- Mon-Fr Sep 10-14: 10am-4pm.
See office hours for other university & CPD closings.