Who has a student account: How to access
WHO HAS A HANDSHAKE ACCOUNT:
- All Virginia Tech students, at all VT campus locations, have a Handshake account.
There is no need to request one.
- Newly admitted students: You will automatically have a Handshake account within two weeks after paying your deposit accepting admission.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Use your VT PID and password to login to Handshake. Image of login screen is shown.
COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND USE HANDSHAKE:
- In Handshake, complete your profile.
- Indicate your post-graduation goals.
- You can upload your resume, and search and apply for internships and jobs.
- View events including information sessions conducted by employers.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE:
- If you have followed instructions, but are not able to access your Handshake account, call us during office hours, usually M-F 8am-5pm.
- If you would like assistance with the type of information to enter in Handshake, and using Handshake for your goals, you are welcome to schedule an advising appointment.