All information below is about having a Handshake student / alumni account.
If you wish to have a Handshake employer account, see information for employers.
To have a Handshake student / alumni account:
You must have a VT PID email address and password.
- If you need help with this, see:
Help for alumni regarding your VT PID and password.
- For a student / alumni account, you cannot use an alias email address.
- For a student / alumni account, you cannot use a gmail address.
How to get an account depends on who you are! Select:
- Go to VT join Handshake.com/register and select "Student/Alumni."
- From there, follow instructions.
- When prompted for your email address, you must use your VT PID email address, as in PID@vt.edu.
- If you do not use your correct PID email address, you will not be able to log in to Handshake.
- Your request will be reviewed within approximately two business days.
- If you have followed instructions, but are not able to access your Handshake account, call us during office hours, usually M-F 8am-5pm.