Virginia Tech® home


If an employer asks you to sign a contract for any type of employment — whether it be for a permanent position, an internship or co-op, or other employment — you are advised to have the contract reviewed by an attorney before you sign.

Career Services staff members are not able to review contracts. We strongly encourage you to seek qualified legal counsel.

As a student, you have access to Student Legal Services at Virginia Tech; that office can advise you whether or not they can provide this service, or if they would recommend you consult an attorney outside the university. Their website says their office location is in Squires; phone 540-231-4720. For most current information, see the Student Legal Services website and contact that office for more information on making an appointment.