Local search resources
Job and internship search resources for commuting region from Blacksburg campus:
This includes: Blacksburg, the New River Valley (NRV), the Roanoke Valley, Virginia Tech.
Career and Professional Development does not endorse or recommend any fee-based services or products on websites we list and link.
Community resources and entities:
- Blacksburg.gov: Town of Blacksburg > human resources
See employment opportunities.
Roanoke Times job ads for the NRV and Roanoke region.
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Montgomery County, Virginia
For employment with the county government, see departments > human resources.
- New River Valley Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
Hosts social and networking events.
- New River Valley Community Services
Health and human services employment.
Includes: Job search resources; NRV Experience internship program; industries; information about living in the region; more. Provided by OnwardNRV.org, a public-private regional economic development organization to attract and retain jobs and talent in the NRV.
- Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council | thetechnologycouncil.com
Nonprofit association of businesses and organizations in Roanoke-Blacksburg region, working to promote growth of region's technology sector.
Members range from small emerging technology firms to large employers. You can view posted jobs and the member directory.
- Roanoke region Get2KnowNoke.com
Careers, internships, job board, more.
- Roanoke city jobs on governmentjobs.com
Cities provide a wide variety of services and thus have a wide variety of employment opportunties from city management to social work, architecture and engineering, recreation and finance/accounting, and more.
- Siegel Link, LLC - Siegellink.com
Recruiting firm serving New River and Roanoke Valleys, located in Blacksburg in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Virginia Tech and affliated resources:
Hiring needs throughout the university:
- Virginia Tech Human Resources
Job listings and complete information on applying for positions throughout Virginia Tech.
- Virginia Tech departments with on-campus jobs may post those jobs in Handshake. Go to Handshake for STUDENT and EMPLOYER information.
- Campus internEXP is a program for Virginia Tech undergraduate students to have paid, internships with Virginia Tech offices.
Some departments / units / offices:
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) employment
The VCOM Blacksburg campus operates in a public-private collaboration with Virginia Tech.
- Virginia Tech Conference and Guest Services summer employment.
- Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center [VTCRC.com] is a for-profit wholly-owned, private subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, and not a state entity. Its tenants are more than 750 businesses and organizations that each hire their own staff and can list positions on VTCRC.com. You can view the tenant directory (and filter by industry) to find potential employers and view their websites.
- Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., is a nonprofit corporation established to receive, manage, and disburse private gifts in support of Virginia Tech programs. As a .org, its staff and hiring processes are separate from Virginia Tech.
- Virginia Tech Intellectual Properties is a 501(c)(3) affiliated corporation of the Virginia Tech Foundation.
- Virginia Tech Moss Arts Center career and student positions.
- Virginia Tech Research and Innovation is an office within Virginia Tech, and posts its jobs through Virginia Tech Human Resources.
- Virginia Tech Services, Inc., a nonprofit corporation, operates the university-affiliated bookstores, retail shops, the Computer Service Center; hiring is done through a partnership with Follett.com.