Local search resources
Job and internship search resources for commuting region from Blacksburg campus:
This includes: Blacksburg, the New River Valley (NRV), the Roanoke Valley, Virginia Tech, and Southwest Virginia.
- Blacksburg.gov: Town of Blacksburg > human resources
See employment opportunities.
Roanoke Times classified job ads for jobs in the NRV and Roanoke area.
- Montgomery County Public Schools employment
- Montgomery County, Virginia
For employment with the county government, see departments > human resources
- New River Valley Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
Hosts social and networking events.
Has job search resources and an NRV Experience internship program.
- Roanoke - Blacksburg Technology Council | thetechnologycouncil.com
Non-profit association of businesses and organizations in the greather Roanoke - Blacksburg region, working to promote growth of region's technology sector.
Members range from small emerging technology firms to large employers.
View posted jobs.
View member directory.
- RoanokeVa.gov - jobs with City of Roanoke
Cities provide a wide variety of services and thus have a wide variety of employment opportunties from city management to social work, architecture and engineering, recreation and finance/accounting, and more.
- Siegel Link, LLC - Siegellink.com
Recruiting firm serving New River and Roanoke Valleys, located in Blacksburg in the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
Virginia Tech resources:
Hiring needs throughout the university:
- Virginia Tech Department of Human Resources
Job listings and complete information on applying for positions at Virginia Tech.
- Virginia Tech departments with on-campus jobs may post those jobs in Handshake. Go to Handshake for STUDENT and EMPLOYER information.
- Campus internEXP is a program for undergraduates to have paid, internships with Virginia Tech departments.
Speciifc departments / units / offices hiring needs:
- Virginia Tech Conference & Guest Services summer employment
In the summer, Conference and Guest Services hosts more than 100 conferences and 15,000 guests on campus, and has summer employment opportunities to support this.
- Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.com [VTCRC]
Over 750 organizations are tenants; each hires their own staff; they may list positions on the VTCRC website. You may also view and search VTCRC tenants by technology to find potential employers and view their websites. VTCRC is a for-profit wholly-owned, private subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, and is, therefore, not a state entity; it was created in July 1985.
- Virginia Tech Moss Arts Center career and students positions