Why use InterviewStream for practice interviews?
- It's available 24/7 to all Virginia Tech students, employees, and alumni.
- It has a "like" and "um" counter.
- You can choose the questions you'll be asked.
- You can save your interview to view later.
- You can send a link to your interview to ask for feedback from others.
- Go to Interview Stream now, or see more info below...
Interview Stream is a web-based practice interview program to assist you in preparation for upcoming interviews for internships, jobs, or graduate or professional school admission. It is a simple, fun, and effective way to refine and master your interviewing skills. This program has been offered by Career and Professional Development since the start of spring semester 2010.
- Anyone with a Virginia Tech email address.
- In about 30 minutes you can get logged in, follow some basic steps to do a general interview, record your responses to interview questions and review your responses.
- Time will vary among users because you have the opportunity to:
- Re-try responses, save or delete responses.
- Select from a detailed menu of questions (instead of using a general interview).
- Stop any time, and log in later to finish an interview.
- Use other resources on the Dashboard, including tips and webinars.
- Yes. You can save responses and review them later.
- You can choose different interview questions or repeat a set you already used.
A detailed tutorial is in Interview Stream; select "tutorial" in the user dashboard.
Three easy steps to Interview Stream: After you log in:
- Choose interview set: Pick your interview set or create your own interview from a list of over 1500 questions.
- Conduct practice interview: Conduct your interview with any webcam, any MAC, any PC, anywhere, anytime. The video interviewer will ask the first question, then the webcam begins recording. Mouse-click to stop recording. Review, retry, or continue to the next question.
- Watch and share with others: Click a question to review a response. Review it with a friend or professor or career advisor. You'll also have the opportunity to count your filler words ("umm," "like," "you know!")
- Take advantage of all components on the User Dashboard, which includes interview tips and a webinar on strategies and tactics to succeed in the interview process.
- No webcam? Call our office at 540-231-6241 during office hours and we'll work with you to schedule a time for you to come in and use a Career and Professional Development computer with webcam in a private room in our building.
- You can request an appointment during which a Career and Professional Development advisor would review your web-based interview with you (subject to scheduling availability). Call 540-231-6241 or visit our office during office hours to schedule. Once scheduled, you must email the advisor the link to your interview so s/he can be ready for your one-on-one meeting.
- You can also give review access to others: faculty members who have assigned a practice interview, advisors, friends, etc. It's a simple matter of emailing that person while you are in Interview Stream; of course having asked that person's permission in advance.
- No. Interview Stream is intended to supplement the in-person Mock Interview Program that Career and Professional Development has conducted for many years. If you want to follow up your web-based experience with an in-person Mock Interview, you can do so. Read about and register for the in-person Mock Interview Program.
- Of course Interview Stream is available to use 24/7/365, while in-person Mock Interviews are scheduled only for certain times during business hours.