In-person practice ("mock") interviews
Career and Professional Development offers appointments for practice (often called "mock") interviews for currently enrolled Virginia Tech students. The purpose is to help you prepare for an interview for employment or graduate school admission. You prepare in advance just as you do for your real interview. A practice interview can happen after you get familiar with interview basics, and more, that you'll find in our interview skills guide, and you're ready to practice answering interview questions.
Get ready and learn about interviewing skills!
Documents to have ready for scheduling:
24 hours prior to your appointment, you'll need to submit:
- Your resume.
- If applicable: the job description OR graduate program description.
- Optional to submit: other information that pertains to your real interview, such as expected questions, a cover letter, writing samples.
Mock interview for class assignments:
- You should follow the instructions provided by your instructor.
Preparation and arrival:
- You're in a hurry.
- There is not an appointment time that works for you.
- You're an alumnus/alumna or employee of Virginia Tech.
- Interview Stream is a web-based practice interview program, available 24/7/365 and is open to anyone with a Virginia Tech PID and password.
- Alumni who need VT PID and password help, see: Alumni Association instructions on VT PID and password. Career and Professional Development has no control over or access to VT PIDs and passwords.