Student Opportunities in Career & Professional Development
- Open to first- and second-year Virginia Tech students who apply in fall semester to begin training in spring.
- Paid position with paid training.
- Three semester commitment:
- Spr. semester paid training, 3-4 hours/week.
- Next academic year, fall through spring semesters, 10 hours/week.
- Training, advising, project work to represent the office as a para-professional.
PART-TIME OPPORTUNITIES FOR UNDERGRADUATES
- CPD hires Virginia Tech students to work with our professional staff in employer relations, reception desk, Health Professions Advising, and other areas.
- Our student employees are highly valued members of our staff who acquire resume-building experience and participate in professional development.
- Positions are paid through work-study funding, so Virginia Tech students eligible for work-study may apply; open positions will be posted in Handshake.
- Position filled for 2019-2020.
- For master's level graduate students at Virginia Tech who are in the Higher Education program or the Counselor Education program; for students interested in a career in college student services, advising, or human resources.
- Fall through spring semester.
- Paid position.
- Work 20 hours per week.
- Open to graduate students from Virginia Tech and other graduate programs and institutions.
- Typically one semester unpaid experience for graduate students to meet the requirements of their graduate programs for a work experience in a professional environment.
- Hours per week depend on the requirements of the graduate program.