We offer three programs that enable students to acquire para-professional experience and learn through working in Career & Professional Development. One is for undergraduate students currently enrolled at Virginia Tech. Two opportunities are for graduate students.
- Open to first- and second-year students who apply in fall semester to begin training in spring.
- Paid position with paid training.
- Three semester commitment:
- Spr. semester paid training, 3-4 hours/week.
- Next academic year, fall through spring semesters, 10 hours/week.
- Training, advising, project work to represent the office as a para-professional.
- Open to graduate students from Virginia Tech and other graduate programs and institutions.
- Typically one semester unpaid experience for graduate students to meet the requirements of their graduate programs for a work experience in a professional environment.
- Hours per week depend on the requirements of the graduate program.