As included in internship basics:
Maintaining student status while interning, but not for academic credit:
- Career and Professional Development provides two options for undergraduate students who need to maintain student status during an internship* that is not for academic credit, and have the enrollment appear on the transcript:
- Full-time program: Undergraduate Cooperative Education and Internship Program (CEIP); for positions that are at least 32 hours/week.
- Part-time program: University Internship Program; for positions that are fewer hours.
- Learn more about CEIP and the University Internship Program.
- [* could be applicable for work experiences that are called something other than "internship."]
Internships for academic credit:
- Academic credit can only be granted by an academic department, and involves paying tuition.
- View your academic department website and contact your academic advisor to learn the opportunities and requirements in your academic department.