When the university is closed, CPD is closed.
- University closings are / may be announced on:
- If the university closes for all or any portion of a day [for weather or any other reason], the Smith Career Center must also close at the same times.
- Any events and services sponsored by CPD, whether to have been held in Smith Career Center or elsewhere on campus, that were scheduled to occur when the university closes are also cancelled.
On-Campus Interviewing Program:
- If the university is closed: While our staff would very much like to accomodate On-Campus Interviewing employers who have already travelled to Blacksburg prior to a university closing, for safety reasons for students, staff, and guests, we are not permitted to be open during university closings.
- If the university has late opening: On-Campus Interviewing will open when the university opens.
- Employers or students with scheduled interviews: Contact employer relations staff if you have questions or anticipate travel problems due to weather or other factors.
Fairs NOT sponsored by Career & Professional Development:
- There are many VT-affiliated career fairs that are NOT SPONSORED by our office.
- Those events are sponsored by colleges, departments, or student organizations, and CPD has no control over those events.
- To learn about any possible cancellations or rescheduling, you should place reliance upon the information you receive from that event sponsor and their event website.