Cancellation & Closing Policy
When the university is closed, CPD is closed.
- University closings are/may be announced on:
- If the university closes for all or any portion of a day (for weather or any other reason), the Smith Career Center must also close at the same times.
- Any events and services sponsored by CPD, to have been held at any location, that were scheduled to occur when the university closes are also cancelled.
On-Campus Interviewing Program:
- If the university is closed: While our staff would very much like to accomodate On-Campus Interviewing employers who have already travelled to Blacksburg prior to a university closing, for safety reasons for students, staff, and guests, we are not permitted to be open during university closings.
- If the university has late opening: On-Campus Interviewing will open when the university opens.
- Employers or students with scheduled interviews: Contact employer relations staff if you have questions or anticipate travel problems due to weather or other factors.
Fairs NOT sponsored by Career & Professional Development:
- There are many VT-affiliated career fairs that are NOT sponsored by Career and Professional Development.
- Those events are sponsored by colleges, departments, or student organizations, and CPD has no control over those events.
- To learn about any possible cancellations or rescheduling, you should place reliance upon the information you receive from that event sponsor and their event website.