Career Outfitters provides a free-of-charge shopping event for Virginia Tech students to obtain new and gently-used professional attire. Clothing items and sizes available are based on the donations received.
All Virginia Tech students are welcome.
No appointment is needed. First-come, first-served.
SPRING 2020 shopping date:
Fri. Jan. 31, 2020: 10am-4pm
- Get ready for career fairs, interviews and networking events with appropriate professional attire.
- We offer men’s and women’s clothing in a variety of sizes, as well as shoes and accessories. Our inventory has been donated by generous community members. All inventory will be available at the start of shopping.
- Limit of one outfit per student [suit or equivalent, shirt/blouse and one accessory].
- We are happy to assist with sizing but it is helpful if you know your size before arriving.
- Dressing rooms will be available for trying on clothes.
- Plan enough time to wait in line, shop, try on clothing items, and check out.
We accept donations of new and gently used professional attire throughout the year.
If you have questions about delivery, or need assistance dropping off a large donation, please call our office in advance to schedule a drop-off time.
We are in particular need of ladies sizes 0, 2, 4, XS and Small. For men we are in need of pants sizes 30-34, jackets and suits sizes 38-42. Of course, we gratefully accept donations of all sizes
Thank you to all who have donated!
2018-2019 was our sixth academic year of offering free professional attire to students through Career Outfitters. This program launched in 2013, beginning with several months of collecting donated items for students. Starting in 2013-2014, we held the Career Outfitters shopping event once each academic year (with an exception only in 2018-2019 when we held shopping dates in both Aug. 2018 and Feb. 2019). For the 2019-2020 academic year, we will offer the event in early spring semester. Thanks to all who have donated, and to many student volunteers, we have given away thousands of clothing items to Virginia Tech students.
More on how to donate at Career Outfitters on Facebook.