2018-2019 CAREER OUTFITTERS shopping dates in AUGUST 2018 and FEBRUARY 2019!
Career Outfitters provides free-of-charge shopping for Virginia Tech students to obtain new and gently used professional attire. Clothing items and sizes available are based on the donations received.
All Virginia Tech students are welcome.
No appointment is needed. First-come, first-served.
MORE ABOUT CAREER OUTFITTERS:
- Get ready for fall career fairs, interviews and networking events with appropriate business attire.
- We have men’s and women’s clothing available in a variety of sizes, as well as shoes and accessories. Our inventory has been donated by generous community members. All inventory will be available at the start of shopping.
- Limit of one outfit per student [suit or equivalent, shirt/blouse and one accessory].
- We are happy to assist with sizing but it is helpful if you know your size before arriving.
- Dressing rooms will be available for trying on clothes.
- Plan enough time to wait in line, shop, try on clothing items, and check out.
We accept donations of new and gently used professional attire throughout the year.
If you have questions about delivery, or need assistance carrying in donations, please call our office during business hours at 540-231-6241.
We are in particular need of ladies sizes 0, 2, 4, XS and Small. For men we are in need of pants sizes 30-34, jackets and suits sizes 38-42. Of course, we gratefully accept donations of all sizes
Thank you to all who have donated!
2018-2019 is our sixth academic year of offering free professional attire to students through Career Outfitters. This program launched in 2013, beginning with several months of collecting donated items for students. We held the Career Outfitters shopping event once each academic year from 2013-2014 through 2017-2018. In 2018-2019, we are holding shopping dates in both Aug. 2018 and Feb. 2019. Thanks to all who have donated, and to many student volunteers, we have given away thousands of clothing items to Virginia Tech students.
More on how to donate at Career Outfitters on Facebook.