2018-2019 CAREER OUTFITTERS will be held in AUGUST 2018!
Career Outfitters, held once per year, provides free-of-charge shopping for VT students to obtain new and gently used professional attire.
All Virginia Tech students are welcome.
No appointment needed. First come, first served.
MORE ABOUT CAREER OUTFITTERS:
- Get ready for fall career fairs, interviews and networking events with appropriate business attire.
- We have men’s and women’s clothing available in a variety of sizes, as well as shoes and accessories. Our inventory has been donated by generous community members. All inventory will be available at the start of shopping.
- Limit of one outfit per student [suit or equivalent, shirt/blouse and one accessory].
- We are happy to assist with sizing but it is helpful if you know your size before arriving.
- Dressing rooms will be available for trying on clothes so plan enough time to wait in line and shop for your suit.
We accept donations of new and gently used professional attire throughout the year.
If you have questions about delivery, or need assistance carrying in donations, please call our office during business hours at 540-231-6241.
For August 2018, we are in particular need of ladies sizes 0, 2, 4, XS and Small. For men we are in need of pants sizes 30-34, jackets and suits sizes 38-42. Of course, we gratefully accept donations of all sizes
Thank you to all who have donated!
Career Outfitters launched in 2013, beginning with several months of collecting donated items for students. Thanks to all who have donated, and to many student volunteers, we have held the Career Outfitters shopping event once each academic year since 2013-2014, and have given away thousands of clothing items to Virginia Tech students. The Aug. 2018 shopping event will be our SIXTH annual event.
More on how to donate at Career Outfitters on Facebook.