Develop Your Professionalism & Productivity Competency
Employer quote: "A critical skill is balancing...
...multiple projects and developing good work habits to be efficient and meet deadlines."
Professionalism and productivity competency:
Demonstrate integrity, resilience, accountability and ethical behavior. The ability to take initiative, maintain effective work habits (prioritize, plan and manage work) to produce high quality results and project a professional presence.
Ways to develop professionalism and productivity skills:
- Use a planner or calendar to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines.
- Attend a networking event to learn more about professionalism.
- Review your social media through the eyes of a future employer and determine appropriateness.
- What kinds of information would you request or require before you felt you could do justice to a project or assignment?
- Define professionalism. What qualities should a professional possess? Which do you have?
- Provide an example of someone who epitomizes professionalism. Why?
Practice interview questions:
- Tell me about a time you managed a project or event. How did you prioritize your work to ensure success? What unexpected challenges did you face? How did you handle multiple deadlines?
- To whom did you turn for help the last time you needed assistance, and why did you choose that person?
- What is the biggest error in judgment you have made? Why did you make it? How did you correct the problem?