Real World Trek for Engineering Students | Spring Break 2018
Dates: March 5-9, 2108
Visit employers' sites to learn about internship and full-time job opportunities. The trip will also have a service component and professional development seminar included. The entire trip is fully funded by the Career and Professional Development office, including transportation and meals.
- To help develop confidence in talking to employers and networking.
- Travel to companies' sites to learn about company culture, work environment, internships and full-time positions.
- Gain a larger understanding of professional skills such as resume review, elevator pitch, interviewing and networking skills through meeting employers and professional development workshop.
- Foster a better understanding of the university’s Aspirations for Student Learning such as Ut Prosim, Civility, and Self-Understanding, through employer visits and the service component of the trip.
- Acquire Career and Professional Development competencies such as communication, global perspective, professionalism, and productivity.
Informational sessions, all held in Smith Career Center:
- Wed. Jan. 24, 2018, 5:30-6:15 pm.
- Tues. Jan. 30, 2018, 12:30-1:15 pm.
- Wed. Feb. 7, 2018, 5:30-6:15 pm.
Professional Development Seminars:
- February 27 or February 28, 2018.
Contact for questions:
Graduate Assistant, Career and Professional Development, Virginia Tech