CAREERS IN SCIENCE fair:
Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018
Cassell Coliseum, Virginia Tech
Optional, by advance registration, next-day interviews in Smith Career Center, Thur. Oct. 11, 2018
The CAREERS in SCIENCE fair is a collaboration between Career and Professional Development and the College of Science at Virginia Tech to provide opportunities to the many students interested in pursuing a science career. Students attending this fair will span across many majors and interdisciplinary programs. Industries represented include those hiring for full-time and internship positions in life sciences, physical sciences, formal sciences, data sciences, and health sciences. Majors in the College of Science | Majors at Virginia Tech.
CAREERS in SCIENCE fair EMPLOYER schedule
|CAREERS in SCIENCE fair day
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
Parking instructions for fair
Attire: Business casual or professional attire.
|7:30 am - 5:15 pm||Shuttles for employers to/from fair venue & parking
|8:00 am||Employer check-in|
|8:00 - 9:45 am||Employer set-up in booths|
|8:00 - 9:45 am||Breakfast available for employers|
|All day||Refreshments available in employer lounge|
|10:00 am - evening
||IF you registered for next-day interview space:
During Wednesday, schedule students for your Thursday interviews, using the form provided. Block your own lunch break at the time of your choice. Tell the students to arrive at Smith Career Center, 2nd floor, 15-20 minutes before the interview start time.
|10:00 am - 4:00 pm||CAREERS in SCIENCE fair open to students
|11:30 am - 1:30 pm||Lunch available for employers|
|4:30 pm||Employers remove all materials from fair venue|
Optional, by advance registration.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Smith Career Center
Parking in Coliseum lot; you must display the parking pass provided.
Parking instructions for Smith Career Center
Attire: Business professional attire
You will have created your interview schedule during Wednesday
|8:00 am||Employer check-in opens
Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your first interview
|8:30 am - 4:00 pm||Start times available for 30-minute interviews | each interview begins on the half-hour.
Take your lunch break as you scheduled it.
|5:00 pm||Smith Career Center closes for the day.|
Registration fee includes:
- Attendance for up to two representatives.
- One 6X8-foot booth with table and two chairs.
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments.
Government / non-profit organizations: $400
All other employers: $500
Each additional representative (above two): $50
- Registration is open until the event is fully booked, OR Oct. 3, 2018, whichever occurs first.
- Go to www.joinhandshake.com to log in or request an account to register for the Careers in Science career fair.
List of registered employers will be published prior to the fair.
It is essental for all your representatives to check your submitted information for accuracy:
— positions and types of hires.
— academic levels.
— work authorization.
Students place reliance upon this information in preparing for the fair!
- Cancellation by you after registering, by email to Ashley Roberts, received (on business days):
— Up through Sep. 5, 2018: full refund.
— Sep. 6 - 25, 2018: $250 administrative fee.
— On or after Sep. 26, 2018: no refunds.
- Event cancellation:
In the unlikely circumstance that this event is cancelled due to insufficient registration or unforeseen circumstances, the university will refund registration fees, but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.
Shipping materials to and from the fair.
- Instructions for shipping materials to and from the fair.
- DO NOT ship materials or exhibits to the Smith Career Center, or to the fair venue, or to any campus location.
- Parking passes will be provided:
- By email prior to fair to the email address provided by your colleague who registered your organization to attend
- At the designated parking lot by shuttle drivers.
- You must park in the designated area and display your parking pass (and take the shuttle to the fair venue) or you will be ticketed.
- Career and Professional Development has no authority over parking on campus and is not able to void parking tickets.
- Directions to Virginia Tech (university website)
- Campus maps (university website)
- Directions to parking and shuttle for the fair
Virginia Tech visitor resources: accommodation information
For all questions related to registration and being added to our invitation list for the next event, please contact:
Ms. Ashley Roberts
Assistant Director of Events and Marketing
Career and Professional Development at Virginia Tech
540-231-4974 | firstname.lastname@example.org