Sponsorship & Support Opportunities
Career & Professional Development Employer Partnership Program
|Platinum ($3K)||Gold ($2K)||Silver ($1K)|
|Recognition on Career and Professional Development website and wall plaque||X||X||X|
|Two free information sessions in Smith Career Center||X||X||X|
|Company name and logo displayed on 2 large-screen TVs||X||X||X|
|Sponsor of Annual Open House Tailgate||X||X|
|Registration fee for spring semester Connection job fair||X|
|Additional branding options can be included in any sponsorship package such as: Career Guide advertisements, sponsorship of student online resources, naming of interview rooms, and many more options are available. Details below.
100% of the money raised from this program goes directly to student services, programs and resources.
|We thank our employer partners on our home page.|
From FUN to FORMAL:
Get your brand in front of students with sponsorship opportunities
We offer student events — including our annual fall tailgate party and our annual fall etiquette dinner — and other ongoing services that we could not provide without sponsor support. Sponsors are recognized in advertising and other materials for the sponsored event. Giving levels begin at $500.
Smith Career Center rooms and spaces are and can be named for donor organizations or individuals; giving levels begin at $15,000.
We thank our supporters, who are recognized with the event/service sponsored, and on our home page.
- When: first Friday of the fall semester. Tailgate party event details.
- What: welcome event to introduce our office and staff to students in a fun, entertaining atmosphere.
- Who: all our students are welcome; attendance has been 800 to 1000 students each year.
- Sponsorship commitment deadline: Must be confirmed in July to be included in all publicity for the upcoming event.
Do What You Are
- Self-assessment resource helps students explore academic majors and career options.
- Annual funding needed: $1,000.
- 24/7/365 practice interviews online for Virginia Tech students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Offered since the start of spring semester 2010.
- Educational career-related videos for Virginia Tech students.
- Offered since the start of fall semester 2010.
Smith Career Center history
- The Smith Career Center opened on Monday, June 28, 2004, under the name "Career Services Building." Our grand opening ceremony and open house, with recognition of contributors and dedication of the first named area, was held Wednesday, September 22, 2004. We recognized Ferguson Enterprises (later acquired by Wolseley North America), for whom the Ferguson Interview Reception Area is named.
Dedication of the Smith Career Center
- On Saturday, October 20, 2007, the Smith Career Center was dedicated and named for Garnett E. and Patsy T. Smith, generous and long-time supporters of Virginia Tech.
Smith Career Center named spaces and donors
- Several areas within the Smith Career Center have been named for generous donors. Donors at particular giving levels are formally recognized in the building with elegant brass plaques seen by the students, employers, faculty, and administrators who visit Career and Professional Development.
- Opportunities still exist to have rooms and spaces named for donor organizations or individuals. Giving levels begin at $15,000.
- Donors for whom spaces are named:
- Ferguson Enterprises (a Wolseley Company): Ferguson Interview Reception Area 
- Norfolk Southern: Interview Rooms (two) 
- Philip Morris USA: Interview Room 
- SAIC: Interview Room 
- Two floors, solely housing Career and Professional Development, designed to meet student and employer needs. Wireless Internet access throughout.
- Over 20 private, large interview rooms.
- Interview waiting area for students.
- Space for information sessions and receptions; including a servery equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and ice machine.
- Spacious Career Resource Center for research and advising.
- Classroom, seminar room, and two conference rooms.