- Handshake: Where employers can post internships and post-grad jobs for Virginia Tech students. Includes internships posted by some offices at Virginia Tech.
- Campus internEXP is a program for paid, part-time student internships with Virginia Tech departments.
- CareerShift: search for jobs and contacts in every type of organization.
- GoinGlobal which includes USA Careers.
- Peer Career Advisor Program in CPD.
- Career-field websites; choose your field(s) from over 20 options.
- More resources to seek internships (and post-grad jobs).
- During college: When undergraduate students enroll in the Cooperative Education and Internship Program (CEIP), they must report their employer. See Cooperative Education and Internship Program (CEIP) to view employers, by major, of students enrolled in CEIP.
- First job after college: We survey all graduating seniors to learn their first destination after graduation, whether employed, continuing education, volunteering, in military service. New graduates who report employment are asked to report their job title and employer. You can see what they said: first job titles and employers, by undergrad major.
Why it's important and how to do it!
- Not every experience is called an internship. Use all the ways to get experience, including field study, part-time jobs, summer jobs, volunteering, service-learning, shadowing, para-professional opportunities, co-op, undergraduate research, extracurricular involvement and leadership. Depending upon your major and your career field, other terminology may be used and other types of experience are valuable.