Open days and hours | closing dates:
- Normal business days / hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- We are closed when the university is closed.
- We have occasional additional closings of our office listed below.
2018-2019 university closings:
Some closings are noted on Virginia Tech academic calendars.
Also see VT holidays & closing schedule on Human Resources website.
- Mon. Sep. 3, 2018 | university closed | Labor Day
- Thur. Oct. 25, 2018 | university closes at 3pm due to football game
- Wed. Nov. 21, 2018 | university closes at noon | Thanksgiving
- Thur. and Fri. Nov. 22-23, 2018 | university closed | Thanksgiving
- Mon. Dec. 24, 2018 through Tues. Jan. 1, 2019 | winter closing
- Mon. Jan. 21, 2019 | university closed | Martin Luther King holiday
- Mon. May 27, 2019 | university closed | Memorial Day
- Thur. July 4, 2019 | university closed | Independence Day
- Additional university closings TBA
Additional 2018-2019 closings of Career and Professional Development:
- Tues. & Wed. Aug. 7 & 8, 2018: CPD closed for staff meeting.
- Wed. Jan. 9, 2019: CPD closed for staff meeting.
- Additional CPD closings TBA
If the university closes for all or any portion of a day [for weather or any other reason], Career and Professional Development must also close at the same times. Any events and services sponsored by our office that were scheduled to occur when the university closes are also cancelled.
If university is closed: While our staff would very much like to accommodate On-Campus Interviewing employers who have already traveled to Blacksburg prior to an emergency or weather-related closing, for safety reasons for students, for our staff, and for our guests, we are not able to be open during any type of university closing.
If university has late opening: On-Campus Interviewing will open when the university opens.
Employers or students with scheduled interviews: contact employer relations staff in advance if you have questions or anticipate travel problems due to weather.
For fairs not sponsored by CPD (and over which we have no control): For possible cancellations or rescheduling, consult the event website, the sponsoring organization, and the contact person for the specific event. The career fairs list has links to each event website where the sponsor should provide contact information.