Covid-19 impact on survey timing and response for May and summer 2020 graduates
Covid-19 impact on survey timing and response for May and summer 2020 graduates.
- The sudden shift to virtual instruction and services due to Covid-19 occurred in mid-March 2020, with significant impacts on employers' commitments and plans for hiring new graduates.
- Normally, the first destination survey of May and summer graduates is launched in early April.
- In April 2020, we believed it would have been extremely insensitive to launch the survey at that very difficult and disorienting time. Instead we directed efforts toward helping students and new graduates adjust to the changed economy for summer 2020.
- We opened the survey to that subcohort in early August 2020, and extended the close date to late January 2021.
- Graduates traditionally respond in very low numbers after commencement.