For students considering and planning to apply to professional school.
Career and Professional Development offers advising to all students who are considering graduate or professional school as part of your career planning process. You are welcome to seek our advising for:
- decision-making on whether graduate school is the path to your career goal.
- how to research schools and programs.
- reviews of resumes and personal statements.
Also take advantage of:
- practice interview resources.
- workshops related to grad/prof school prep and admissions exams.
Also use these university PRE-PROFESSIONAL ADVISING PROGRAMS for specific professions as follows. First-year is not too early to use these resources and services!
- Pre-Law Advising at Virginia Tech
Considering and learning about law as a career, preparing for law school, applying, student law societies, events.
- Health Professions Advising at Virginia Tech
Considering and learning about health professional careers that require education beyond the bachelor's degree, including: medicine (allopathic and osteopathic), dentistry, optometry, pharmacy, chiropractic, occupational therapy, nursing, physician assistant, and more. Selecting your major and other academic prep, co-curricular and extra-curricular prep, applying, events.
- Pre-Education Advising through the School of Education at Virginia Tech
Considering teaching and school counseling careers which require graduate degrees. Guidance on selecting your undergraduate major based on your teaching or school counseling interests.
- Pre-Veterinary advising through Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech
Advice on deciding on the profession, how to prepare, workshops for applicants, and more.