How many of the graduates responded?
- Response for the past five years has ranged from 57-62%:
- Numbers and percentages vary by college as shown below. View full-sized version of 2015-2016 response by colleges.
When do most of the academic year's grads finish?
- December grads generally account for 16-18% of the total.
- May grads constitute the majority, with 72-74%.
- Summer session I and II comprise 9-10%.
Who employs the most graduates? Who are the employers by major?
- Responding employed graduates have reported 700+ to 1000+ employers per graduation cohort.
- Each year, >130 to >270 graduates stated they are employed but did not name their employer.
- The most-reported employer is typically reported by under 3% of employed grads.
- Deloitte or Virginia Tech has been the most reported employer for the last six years.
- Multi-year list of most-reported employers.
- See list of employers (and job titles and locations) by undergrad major. You can sort this list on any heading.
Where do most graduates go to continue education? Where do grads go by major?
- Each year, graduates report >150 to almost 200 institutions in over 30 states, plus Washington, DC. A handful of individuals report institutions abroad. Typically a third or more stay at Virginia Tech.
- Multi-year list of most-reported schools.
- See the list of all graduate institutions (and degree/program) by undergraduate major. You can sort this list on any heading.
What degrees, like master's, law, medicine, etc., do grads pursue immediately after graduation?
- Percentages are shown in the chart below.
- To see what grads do by major, see the list of all graduate institutions (and degree/program) by undergraduate major. You can sort this list on any heading.
What if a graduate finds a job after graduation? Can they report that in the survey?
- Yes. The survey stays open for six months past commencement; to mid-June for December grads, and to mid-November for the May and summer grads. So graduates have plenty of time to self-report employment or graduate school admission. And they can easily update their self-report as long as the survey is open. [More about this in Methodology.]
If you have other questions:
- Please contact Catherine Copeland | 540-231-6241 | firstname.lastname@example.org.