Associate Director - Career Network
Claire’s passions are working with students and alumni, helping them figure themselves out and pursue their dreams; developing the next wave of career professionals through work with graduate assistants and with student workers in our office; making presentations and teaching; writing in her career advising blog on a regular basis; and appreciative advising where she is committed to continuously improving her advising skills. She has worked in various roles in Career Services since 1996.
Currently she leads a three-member team that focuses on post-graduation planning and brand management.
- Co-Liaison to College of Engineering, assisting students and advisors and faculty in the College
- Coordinator of programs and services for grant awarded to Career Services by an anonymous donor
- Administer job search resources including CareerShift, GoinGlobal, Career Spots and Interview Stream
- Hokies4Hire Promotions Team Leader
- Initiated and facilitate Advisors’ Book Club for more than four years, reading over 10 books
Pamplin College of Business, Virginia Tech
B.A. cum laude, Economics
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
A Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers (VACE) prior President, Claire remains active in VACE and is currently Director, Professional Development, for the Southern Association of Colleges and Employers (SoACE), 2015-17. Prior to that role, she was Local Arrangements Chair/Co-Chair for the 2013 and 2014 SoACE Annual Conference. She presently serves on the Division of Student Affairs Professional Development Advisory Team.
Claire would love to meet you to talk about your career plans. To make an appointment, please call 540-231-6241.