Event Planner and Social Media Coordinator
Ashley has been with Career and Professional Development since May 2015. Before joining our team, she worked as a project manager with Continuing and Professional Education for four years. During that time, Ashley managed events ranging from 10 to 1,500 people, taking place all over the Commonwealth, as well as nationally and internationally. Prior to her arrival at Virginia Tech, Ashley served as a program coordinator at Radford University for five years in the Governmental and Nonprofit Assistance Center. She has coordinated over 300 events since 2005.
- Organize annual Tailgate Party
- Coordinate both fall and spring Connection Job Fairs
- Manage social media presence across multiple platforms
- Serve as liaison to external departments on campus for use of space in Smith Career Center
- Southern Association of Colleges and Employers (SoACE)